I really love granola for breakfast, I usually always have some in a cupboard. This super seed and nut granola is so easy to make. Throwing some on top of some yogurt and fruit makes for a really quick, healthy breakfast. A couple of years ago I started to make my own and I couldn’t believe how easy it was. It also allows you to make it healthier. You wouldn’t believe the amount of sugar they pack into store bought granola!
This granola is like a super breakfast! It’s pack with loads of seeds, nuts and dried fruit great for keeping you full. Some of the ingredients, and the amounts, can be a little expensive. However, feel free to mix up the ingredients. Just keep the ratio of dry ingredients and wet ingredients the same and it’s perfect.
This granola for me was like a leftover granolas. I always have these ingredients kicking stuffed in my store cupboards. Either half packets from something I’ve been baking, or it’s something that I like to snack on. So just have a rummage and see what you have lying about!
- 120 grams whole rolled oats
- 50 grams roughly chopped almonds
- 50 grams roughly chopped pecans
- 75 grams pumpkin seeds
- 50 grams sunflower seeds
- 20 grams chia seeds
- 50 grams raisins
- 50 grams cranberries
- 20 grams desicated coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small pan, add the coconut oil and honey and melt over a low heat. Once completely melted, pour over the dry ingredients and mix well. Spread over a baking tray and compress some of the mixture. This will help you get some chunkier bits.
- Place in a 160 degrees celius pre heated oven and baked for 20 minutes. Giving it a little turn every so often.
- Leave to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.